10 Fun Facts About China
China is the largest country in the world in terms of territory. It has a diversified culture that makes the civilization of China unique and worth mentioning. It has developed as the second-largest economy in the world. Let us explore the fun facts about China that could go on and on and on from the distinct nature to strange values and customs. The more you know about their culture, traditions, and values, the better you can localize your content for making your mark in the Chinese market.
- China covers 9.6 million square kilometres that make China the third-largest country in the world by territory. It has a north-west extent of 5,000 km and a north-south extent of 3900 km. The region of China includes 33% mountains, 19% basins and deserts, 10% hills, 12% plains region, and 26% high plateaus.
- Some people think China is the largest country in the world, but it is not true. China comes at 4th number after Canada, Russia, and the United States. Russia is 2 times bigger than China.
- China has the highest mountain ranges in the world. Two important of them are Mount Everest and the Turpan Depression.
- It has the most international neighboring borders in the world with 14 countries like Kyrgyzstan. Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Thailand, Russia, Mongolia, Vietnam, Korea, and India.
- China enjoys different weather conditions. The Northside has cold and drier weather as compared to the South. West has drier weather than the east.
- The weather in Northeast China can reach -40 degrees centigrade in winters while the weather in South reaches 40 centigrade in summer. Rainfall occurs with few millimeters every year in the Taklamakan Desert, and 3 meters of rain occurs in the Southeast.
- China is the most populated country in the world with around 1.5 billion people in 2020.
- The population of China is 4 times bigger than the population of the US.
- Out of every 5 humans, one is Chinese.
- Chinese is the most spoken language in the world.
- It is spoken by 14% of people in the world.
China has the Fastest Growing Economy
- China is the world’s fastest-growing economy. It grows with an average of 10% every year.
- It is considered as the world’s second-largest economy.
- According to the Trading Economics global macro models and analysts’ expectations, the GDP of China will reach 14000.00 USD billion in 2020.
- China is known as the factory of the world. The largest production of fertilizer, concrete, Steel, fertilizer, clothing, and toys take place in China.
Silk Road is the World’s Oldest and Longest Trade Route
- The Silk Road is in China’s territory, and it is 2,485 miles long and extends across the entire area of China.
- It starts from Beijing and connects to East and Southeast and West Asia and Southern Europe.
- Silk Road is a funny name, but it does not depict that only the Silk trade is done from this road. Its name was designated by German Geographer and historian Ferdinand Von Richthofen when he tried to explain its journey.
- Products like animals, porcelain, precious stones, silver, gold, teas, carpets are traded from East to West from Silk road.
- Silk Road exists today, but it is not used for trading. It helps the top-tourists in China to explore and experience ancient China.
Long Nails and White Skin Tone as Symbol of Wealth
- In every part of the world, long nails are considered a symbol of beauty, but in the case of a Chinese businesswoman, you are mistaken. It sounds funny. They considered long nails as a symbol of wealth.
- The strange thing about China is that men also don’t cut nails to show that they are well off.
- Nails should be short only if you are a white corner worker.
- If you have white skin color, you are considered rich because people who have white color usually work indoors.
Growth of Cities and Improvement in Transportation
- In China, people have moved to cities from villages for the last 3 decades. This trend is projected to be followed for the next 30 years.
- Transportation in Chinese cities has improved a lot.
- They enjoy traveling on intercity high-speed trains and metros of the city.
- Beijing Capital International Airport is the busiest airport in the world and busiest in Asia. China has some large seaports that are Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Shanghai.
Controlling Traffic Jam Problem
- China is the most populated country in the world so they have traffic jam problems.
- If you are stuck in the market, then the amazing thing is that two guys will come to you on a motorbike. One person will take you to the place where you want to go and the other person will handle your car.
56 Ethnic Groups Living in China
- 56 Ethnic groups are residing in China.
- The largest ethnic group is the Han, which comprises 91% of the whole population.
- In other minority groups Hui, Manchu Miao, and Zhuang have a large number of population.
Highest Number of UNESCO Sites in the World
- China has the highest number of UNESCO sites in the world.
- The number of sites in Italy and China is 55.
- These are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
People of Beijing Eat Scorpios
- Another funniest thing about Chinese people is that Scorpios are sold live in Beijing streets.
- They are boiled in the oil for a few seconds and they are pierced on the stick.
- Other insects like mollusks, tasty sea things and other insects are seen on sale on Beijing streets.
Every country has distinct features that differentiate it from other nations. These fun facts about China depict its cultural values and norms. To know more about China, you need to know its native language. If you can’t understand the Chinese, then no problem Chinese Translation Services is here for you. It provides you impeccable translation services in all the dialects of the Chinese language.